Math Dance Moves!

on Monday, September 29, 2014
Today we continued with our review for variation equations and graphs. The Kahoot was a great motivator for students to learn the equations, graphs, their names, and other attributes. However, why stop there? Since a hyperbola and inverse square curve give us very interesting graphs, whenever I explain which graph I'm talking about to the students, I tend to make the shape of the graph with my hands. So, as part of our prep for the Kahoot competition, I had students practice making the graphs with their hands too! I told them they could use these as sweet dance moves at homecoming...

And I digress.

Anyways - it was fun and fantastic and I hope you use nifty dance moves in math class with your students. It helps form the memory with less effort than trying to cram it in your brain.


0 comments:

Post a Comment